There is more to beautiful skin than meets the eye. No different than other states of being, this journey also begins from within.
Vibrant, glowing skin is something that we value more and more with the passage of time. It is an important fact to know and consider that 99% of those individuals with healthy-younger looking skin also place great value on good food, healthy food preparations and hydration. The other 1% belong to the genetically gifted who defy time and care.
This piece of information is for the previous of the two. For years, without fault, I have been visiting the most fabulous esthetitician, Elizabeth Canler. I have been a loyal client of hers for numerous years and for numerous reasons, among them her holistic approach to my skin as well as her expertise in the latest and most advanced technologies. It is quite easy to enter a facial and leave 60 minutes later with $200 less. This would be fine if the benefits of the facial were to last past a week, but for most, that is not the case.
I’ve taken the time to write about Elizabeth (shown here in photo) because her passion for beauty is deeply rooted in health principles that promote not only effortlessly beautiful skin, but simultaneously support greater health, more energy and if that were not enough, as a byproduct, greater self esteem.
Her mission: for you to feel “beautiful in your own skin”.
She always says, “Nora, it is easy to fall in love when you look in the mirror and see a healthy vivacious person looking back at you!
Listed below is Elizabeth’s list of the most highly skin regenerating foods. Equally important to adequate food consumption is ample hydration with purified water and of course once per month, a skilled skin appropriate facial. Her contact information is at the end of this article.
Face Food #1: Avocados
This creamy, green fruit is abundant in essential oils and B-complex vitamins that nourish your skin, inside and out. Niacin (vitamin B3) is especially important for healthy skin, and avocados contain oodles of it. Niacin, an anti-inflammatory, soothes irritated skin and red, blotchy skin. One avocado has 3.8 mg niacin – 27% of your daily need.
Face Food #2: Mangoes
Mangoes have more than 80% of your daily requirements for vitamin A, which is why they’re such a great face food. Vitamin A maintains and repairs skin cells; a deficiency will result in a dry, flaky complexion. As an antioxidant, vitamin A also fights free radical damage that can prematurely age the skin.
Face Food #3: Almonds
Almonds are great for your complexion with 150% of your daily need for vitamin E. Vitamin E’s rich oils moisturize dry skin, and its antioxidants protect against skin damage and premature aging of facial tissue.
Face Food #4: Cottage Cheese
Dairy is good for your bones and face.
Face Food #5: Acerola Cherries
Your average cherry doesn’t supply a lot of vitamin C, but that’s not true for Acerolas. One Acerola cherry supplies 100% of your daily allowance for vitamin C, which is great news for your skin. As an antioxidant, vitamin C fights skin damage and wrinkles. It also plays a central role in the production of collagen, the structural protein in your skin.
Face Food #6: Oysters
Oysters are a love fest for skin. Oysters fight pimples because they’re rich in zinc. The mineral affects sebum production, a deficiency which may contribute to acne. Zinc also helps boost elastin (the skin’s elastic protein) production with the help of
Face Food #7: Baked Potatoes
A plump, steaming baked potato is good for your skin. Eat one baked potato (with the skin) to get 75% of your daily copper need. This essential mineral works with vitamin C and zinc to produce the elastin fibers that support skin structure. Too little copper in your diet can reduce your skin’s ability to heal and cause it to become rigid and lifeless.
Face Food #8: Mushrooms
Mushrooms are rich in riboflavin, a B vitamin that’s vital to your skin. Riboflavin (vitamin B2) is involved in tissue maintenance and repair, and improves skin blemishes caused by rosacea. This vitamin is so important for skin repair that the body uses large amounts=2 0after sustaining a burn or wound, or undergoing surgery.
Face Food #9: Flaxseed Oil
It’s no secret that Omega 3s are great for your skin, but did you know that flaxseed oil is one of the best sources of this essential fatty acid? Just one teaspoon of flaxseed oil per day provides 2.5 grams of Omega 3s, which, in turn, hydrates the skin. Essential fatty acids also dilute sebum and unclog pores that otherwise leads to acne.
Face Food #10: Wheat Germ
Wheat Germ actually just the embryo within a grain of wheat, and it’s nutritious. Wheat germ is a good source of biotin, a B vitamin that is crucial to skin health.
Contact information: Elizabeth Canler at 786-554-9387 or http://www.miamiskinboutique.com